Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monkey Cookie Bites


I came across this recipe not to long ago, and I remember asking my little one if I should make him some Monkey cookies (he loves bananas and monkeys eat Bananas so: Banana=Monkey). These are the most delicious oat cookies I’ve ever eaten and I'm not a big fan of Bananas, sorry I mean Monkeys myself!). I know cookies are never really considered healthy, but they are for sure lot healthier than normal cookies: they don’t have any added sugar, eggs or butter, and have very little flour.



Ingredients:
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1/2-1 cup natural chunky peanut butter
  • 4 tablespoons maple syrup (you could also use honey or apple sauce but Maple Syrup gives them a really oaky taste)
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet work the best)

Directions: 

  1. Preheat oven to 170°C 
  2. In a large bowl, mix bananas, vanilla, peanut butter and maple syrup into a creamy consistency.
  3. In another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are well combined, Fold in the chocolate chips. Don't worry if the batter looks a bit runny.
  5. Place heaping teaspoon-sized balls of the batter onto a greased baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes


Original recipe:luxhippie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment